ARE YOU AND YOURS REGISTERED WITH A DENTIST?? "to be entitled to receive your dental care under the NHS, you must be registered with your dentist and the registration needs to be renewed every two years.  The Glens Dental Practice situated in the Medical Centre is accepting new patients of all ages and welcoming back our past patients who registration has lapsed.  Call at the dental reception in the Medical Centre or telephone 028 21771242 for details about your NHS dental registration.

Men ACWY Vaccine: Now available for all young people who were born between 02.07.1998 and 01.07.1999, and for Students up to the age of 25 who will be commencing University in 2016 for the first time, please contact reception to make an appointment.

ANTIBIOTIC REQUESTS: In accordance with NHSCT guidelines, the practice will no longer be able to issue antibiotics for any purpose (ie: coughs, chest infection etc). It will be necessary for the patient to attend either a Nurse or GP for assessment. In the case of a suspected kidney/urine infection a urine sample must be left in for analysis. 

You are at risk of Peripheral Vascular Disease
Please see latest news section for full details

In-House Counselling Service
Mr Joe Brogan holds weekly clinics.  These are free of charge to our patients.  If you are interested please speak to your doctor.

Out of Hours
“Dalriada Urgent Care” provides this service. When the medical centre is closed a pre-recorded message will be obtained by phoning 2177 1411 or alternatively you may telephone directly. 028 2566 3500 Please consider that this is an emergency service only

Sickness Certificates

Sickness Certificates:

You do not require a doctor's sickness certificate for any illness lasting 28 days or less.  Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) these are available from front reception or on the HMRC website.

Evidence that you are sick:

If your are sick for more than seven days, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).  It is up to your employer to decide whether you are incapable of work.  A medical certificate (sick line), is now called a 'Statement of Fitness for Work', from your doctor is strong evidence that you are unwell and is normally accepted, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise.  You could also provide evidence from someone who is not a medical practitioner, ie: a dentist.  Your employer will decide whether or not this evidence is acceptable.  If your employer has any doubts they may still ask for a medical certificate from your GP.  Where a Statement of Fitness for Work is arranged following a telephone consultation with the GP it must be collected by the person named on the certificate, from our reception.


For more information see the DirectGov website.

Health and Social CareThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website