Rights and Responsibilities of Practice and Patients:
The Medical Practice
- Patients will be treated with courtesy, respect & confidentiality
- Urgent problems will be seen on the same day by whichever doctor is available
- We will ensure the practice is fully accessible to the disabled
- Whenever possible you will be offered an appointment with the doctor of your choice for routine appointments
- You will be seen as near to your appointment time as possible
- You will be given an explanation if waiting times are running late
- The practice will inform you of the service it provides, how you can access them and information to help you be healthy
- Advice will be given and/or medication prescribed as required
- The doctor is here to give you treatment and advice. It is important that you can understand the information that is given to you. If you are unsure about your treatment please ask for more information.
- Patients have a responsibility to treat our practice staff with equal courtesy and respect
- All appointments are arranged to cover one consultation. Please make a separate appointment for each person who needs to see the doctor
- Only request an urgent appointment when you feel it is medically necessary
- If you cannot keep your appointment please let us know as far in advance as possible so someone else may be offered the appointment
- Please try to be flexible in requesting your appointment to allow yourself to see the doctor of your choice
- Routine appointments are booked at 10 minute intervals.
- Please do not ask for a home visit unless it is absolutely necessary. It is better to come to the surgery where all the facilities are available and treatment can be started immediately if required.
- Please do not call the out of hours service except in an emergency.
- Please tell the receptionist if you change your name, address, or telephone number
- Where a patient is abusive or uses violent behaviour on the premises or towards a member of the Primary Health Care Team, he/she will be removed from the Practice List. Their medical treatment will be carried out by a practitioner contracted by the Northern Health and Social Services Board at organised premises in Ballymena.
As patients, you are responsible for your own health and that of any dependents. It is important that you adhere to information and advice given to you by health professionals, and co-operate with the practice in endeavouring to keep you healthy.